Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Bee-ing Indecisive


I have not blogged in a long time....OK a really long time, and it isn't because I haven't thought of it, or I haven't had time, or even that I don't really care. It's for reasons that I have been mulling over since our last trip, the overlanding trip when we drove our FJ40 Land Cruiser down to Guatemala.

On this trip we met a lot of fellow travelers and so many of those travelers had blogs, and we kept one too. If you read my blog during that time in our life, you know that I was not a fan of overlanding. In fact, I hated it.

One of the big reasons I hated it so much was the fact that everyone kept a blog. I know that sounds ridiculous, but let me explain a little further. To me, people blogged about the trips they imagined people wanted to read about, not the trip they were on. Pictures and blog posts were incredibly misleading and never showed the sucky parts of traveling. People would say, "where the road ends, the adventure begins. " What they wouldn't say was, "When the road ended, we got in a huge fight and I cried until we just pulled over and I had a horrible nights sleep, because I was terrified." Upon meeting these people and probing a little, they would of course divulge that everyday hasn't been a Pinterest board of travel shots and they would be honest that sometimes it sucks, but it took so much work to get to that honesty. It became clear to me that most of the people out there were out there so that others would know they were. They lived for Facebook comments, for Blog views and to tell others how they traveled. It should be said that not everyone who overlands is like this and certainly not everyone who blogs is like this. Some of the most honest and humble people that are apart of our life now, are people we met overlanding.

I since deleted our overlanding blog and started BloggerBeeBee, but I have been holding back. To me blogs signify a massive ego. By starting it I felt like I was saying, "Hey, my life is worth reading about, I am more special than you, so look at what I do!" I was torn, because I myself love blogs such as Lahowinds, SouthtoNowhere, and Skylines. I love that subscription notification in my inbox and I never thought they were doing it for the attention. I knew they were doing it to share their experiences and to encourage other people to be honest to who they are and love the little quirks that make everyone different.

So with that long explanation being said, I have decided to take on the blogging world once again, and, I do so, promising to be honest and sincere in everything I write. My life is not more interesting or special than anyone else's, and there really isn't a reason you should read my blog over someone else's, unless of course you just want to. I read blogs because I like them. Skylines is about a single dad that has a job as an 8th grade teacher at an alternative school; funny as hell and he happens to be my lil' brother. HeyPorkChop is fun because I love to craft and knit! Blogs are supposed to be fun, engaging and sometimes strike a cord with its reader. I hope that every time you get a ping in your inbox from BloggerBeeBee you're excited, because I'm back at it and I'm excited for what's in store!

P.S. To those bloggers trying to decide whether or not to be offended by what I have written; If you have a blog and you write and share for the right reasons and you share from the heart, no need to be offended! You are amazing and I guarantee I would love your blog, if I don't already. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment